Tuesday, October 23, 2012

The Moist German Chocolate Cake

Wanted to share the cake/cupcakes everyone is requesting from me of late.
Super Easy and so moist!

1. Buy Duncan Hines German Chocolate cake mix. Prepare as directed on back of box.

2. Preheat 350 degrees for metal or glass pans. 325 degrees for dark or coated pans.

Grease side and bottom of pan with olive oil.
The box says to flour lightly but I NEVER do
and it comes out very easy
 The box says to add a
1 1/4 Cups of WATER
1/3 Cup of Oil
3 Large Eggs 
  Blend dry mix, water, oil and eggs in large bowl at low speed until moistened(30 seconds) 
Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes
Pour batter in pan.
  In another bowl combine
1 (8oz)package Cream Cheese,softened
2/3 Cup Granulated Sugar
1 Egg
Mix until smooth.
1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips chopped 
Fold in with the Cream Cheese mixture.
1/2 Cup of flaked Coconut and I like to toast if for a few seconds until it gets golden and the coconut smell really comes out.
 Fold in with the Cream cheese mixture.
                         Drop spoonfuls into cake mixture.                    
                                                                                                                                                                                                                   
 
 Bake 30 minutes for 13 x 9 pan or
20 minutes for cupcakes 
  Icing that I like to use is:
1 (8oz) Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup Butter
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix with blender on low until it is incorporated together adding Powdered Sugar slowly or you will have it flying everywhere and most importantly just............
  Enjoy eating your easy cake!

~P.S. I have made this without coconut and it is still very yummy.
 You may also use mini choc. chips & put nuts in it.
 The options are many. 
Hope you guys try this.

2 comments:

decorayadora said...

Mhhh you have a new follower from Chile

must love junk said...

You seriously made my mouth water! I'm your newest follower and I'd love you to visit and say hi :)
Susan