Friday, October 26, 2012

The fall foliage is still so beautiful

Late this afternoon I caught a glimpse of the pear trees swaying in the wind and went out to get a picture of them. Beautiful color still and noticed the wind was bringing in the cooler weather. This gal is ready for more cooler weather to snuggle into some well worn sweaters and snuggle up with my family as we watch the flickering wood burn in the fireplace. Happy conversation as we relax this weekend sipping on our cocoa or coffee and eating our magic bars. (recipe is on my food tab) 

Wishing all of you a Very Happy Weekend before Halloween.
  ~Jen



               Having fun outside before it get to chilly.

6 comments:

Carol said...

Great fall colors & thoughts, Jen! I'm so happy you stopped by today & left an encouraging comment.

Smiles,
Carol

Kari said...

Jen, thanks for your comment and for following my blog. The foliage in your area is gorgeous. I also looked up the magic bars and they sound amazing!! I've gotta try those out!

Lois Christensen said...

What beautiful photos! Love all the colors. Your cover photo is also beautiful! The recipe for the German chocolate cake looks amazing! Hope you have a nice Monday!

Leslie said...

What a perfect description of a fall day...hot cocoa, magic bars and a cozy fire with family! The picture of your son is adorable! I enjoyed looking at all of your photos. :) Thanks a lot for stopping by today and leaving me a comment that was so sweet!
Blessings,
Leslie

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Love the photos of the beautiful fall colors. And the little guy is pretty cute, too!

Keeping It Cozy said...

I love the beautiful fall foliage!