Thursday, February 19, 2015

Week of Ice and Snow

This week, I've enjoyed the change of weather....although, at times worrying we might actually lose electricity. We thankfully didn't lose power. Praise the Lord!

We snuggled in, kept the fire burning, cooked and watched a few good hallmark movies. The hubby was able to go in a few hours late one morning and arrived home a little earlier than normal in the evening on several days. That for sure was nice!! We could actually get use to that!!! Although, being that my man is out on the road, I did worry about him having safety. Very soon though, he will not have to be out on that road and will be in the office. Thank the Lord. Praying that the young man they have hired will work out beautifully, and be much help to my hubby.

So, cooking this week has been Italian and Mexican. Alfredo Pasta, Chicken Fajitas and of course, a mixture of all American foods. A couple of pies in the mix too. I've tried my best to keep things sort of cooked up, just in case, we would lose power. We did have plenty of eggs boiled and hot dogs that could easily be cooked on the fire. I sort of think it all has been fun. Anticipation of what would be next!  I am sure there have been many though that have not enjoyed this week, and those that have had a rough week... my heart does feel for you! I never want all to think I've just had it easy, because there have been many hard times alone, sad and hurting. We all face, will face, or have faced trials that change us. It is up to us how we allow it to change us....for the better or for the worst. The trials have given me the mind and heart that I cannot do this without my God.  He is my comfort and my strength. I can fully trust him to love me and take care of me.

Also, this week has been 10 years that my Granny went to her heavenly home. We sure miss her, but she really is still with us in all that we do. She is the fabric of who we are as people. She loved us and she breathe into us to live and know how to have joy in life. She is the one that I believe love my hubby, even before I knew that I did. She sure pulled for him and told me that he is the one for you. I am glad I listen. :)  We are almost up on 15 years together, and I cannot imagine being married to anyone else. Mind you now, there have been many times that I wanted to kill him ;) ,but he is good, kind and faithful to me and the family. We both are human, and we both have made many many mistakes. Life is all about living and learning. 

Well, didn't mean to type this much, but there you have it....:) 

Oh, and I wanted to share with all... 
my precious 
Granny Ray
Before I end this post, I would like to share some snap shots that I took this week. I sure do feel the love of the creator in nature, and what he created for us all to enjoy.





No comments: