Saturday, November 15, 2014

It is very rare that I am just cozy resting on a Saturday evening. The usual is getting all the errands done, and the house cleaned up, and laundry done before the Sabbath. It has been a day really of just NO worry, and doing what we can,... and then this evening watching a movie. I find in my heart that it is just the slow and simple pace that makes me grateful and have a heart of gratitude! The month of November is the time we stop and reflect on our blessings. Life is messy and tiring a lot of the time, but I am thankful what a BEAUTIFUL mess that it can be.  I have learned that in the messiness is where we cry out to the Lord and grow in strength. 

             I want to take a few minutes to list some of the things that speak to me, and give me Thanksgiving in my heart.

His word (the Bible) that I can look to for guidance.
His faithfulness that gently leads us to good things, so that we may grow in love and grace.
My husband that stays true. He loves me and the family with all his heart and has tried his best to learn how to show it to us even when he wasn't sure how to.
For our baby (that isn't much of a baby anymore). He amazes me at the strength that he has and how smart he is in facing his challenges. 
My sister in Christ that encourages me and makes me want to be a better person.
For those that truly show me and my family love, compassion, and seek to speak life into us.

This is just a beginning, but it is what truly is in my Thankful heart.

At the end here I want to share something I made the other night that I thought turned out cute.  Hope you enjoy seeing it.  It is a burlap pin that I can pin onto my purse or blouse. I am loving it!
 Praying that this post will speak to those of you that read, and somehow it will encourage and speak goodness to you to live with a heart of Gratitude!


 

No comments: