Are we as christians there for people...that is the question?
My thoughts....many things float through my mind. Just now taking a rest from school work with my son. It seems like I get so up tight and think how in the world am I going to get it all done. Then there is a spirit check within my soul. I get a glimpse out the window of my neighbor coming to our door. I have a sigh and think gracious I don't have time to hear all the old stories of years gone pass again.... today. I feel guilty for feeling this way. I to will be old one day and just want someone to take the time for me. In fact, I still have ALL the Easter decorations out, my front porch is terrible looking with pollen buildup and not a flower planted to make it look like spring on my front porch, and clothes and sheets piled up to wash and dried. In all these things that are weighing me down I'm trying to get this son of mind to do some school work that is consider completed. Lord, please be near me and make me have a kind and gracious spirit toward this soul that is coming daily to chat with me.
Is there any other mama's out there feeling this way??
Well, I am able to sit on the front porch with my neighbor and listen to her cares and woes. Lord, if this is my mission field then help me to be your willing vessel.
In all of the duties of life it is so easy to forget the most important obligation as a christian is to win souls for HIM. I must let you know I don't mean the type that goes preaching at those of how they must do and live. It is just being there to be a listening ear, to be a friend and then they will hopefully see Jesus in our life.
No comments:
Post a Comment