Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Lord, I need you each and every day.

Well, I've been sitting here in my family room trying to stay warm and cozy with the fridged temps. I've been thinking of all that needs done and getting a little....(well, um....a lot) discouraged with it all. I know, it's a new year and it is suppose to feel like a fresh start, but I'm having trouble feeling it. Most of my Christmas is put away, there is some scattered here in there that still needs to be packed and put away. I don't know, I'm just burden down with my own expectations of how I want the family and home to be. Maybe I'm wrong to look to the future and dream of how it is going to all be written. In reality though, doesn't it all really rely on the mom and how she molds and teaches her children. I am responsible for the memories he cherishes and what he remembers when he is all grown up. I guess it would be sort of like a mommy fear of it all going to fast and then realizing I didn't work and make enough fun moments. It's just scarey to me that it all really seems to land of my shoulders. I then realize I am NOT putting all my trust in Jesus. I am allowing the devil to creep in and frighten me with this nonsense. He is good at knowing my weakness and getting me down and discouraged. Then I see a little quote in a magazine that says, "Let mistakes steer you, not stop you!" I am sure there will be many many times that I will forget this. Discouragement will come, but I'm just standing tall right now letting those around know that I've given it to the Lord, and I'm not letting mistakes stop me but steer me to heaven.



No comments: